Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Top 5 TV Shows of 2014 (My faves anyway)

Every night I force myself to unplug my Roku device and watch a little prime time television. With as much TV as I watch you'd think it'd be easy for me to come up with my 50 favorite TV shows. Sadly, most of my faves are from the 70's-90's. I have a TV blog for that stuff.

I actually had to do some pretty deep soul searching to find my five favorite shows of 2014. Here they are, after at least 15 minutes of thought (my soul isn't very deep), my top five TV shows of 2014.



"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
 I don't have cable, but I do have a computer which means I can watch "The Daily Show" the day after it airs on TV for free. It's well worth the wait every day too! I love getting the real news, even peppered with sarcasm. Stewart's delivery is everything I want Brian Williams to do on the nightly news.

"Bates Motel"
Again, not on regular TV. You network folks are forcing me to watch TV on my computer more and more. "Bates Motel" is worth the wait as well. They could have really done this psycho movie play out as nothing but a bloody mess. Instead, they worked in a story that rings so true you really do almost feel sorry for Norman Bates. Now if I watch the original movie "Psycho" I don't wonder why I'm slightly drawn to Norman. I felt like there was quite a back story there and the producers of "Bates Motel" bring it every week.

"Criminal Minds"
Finally a show I love on a major network! CBS hit this one out of the park. I've been hooked on "Criminal Minds" since the pilot. Sometimes a cast just fits together so well you can't wait to meet up with them next week. This is a dark, gory show, but I usually am not scared because the good guys almost always win.

"Law & Order: SVU"
"SVU" is probably my favorite show of all time. I love the cast, even the new one. I love the writing. I love the guest star appearances and the way the director gets them to do something we totally did not expect to see.I honestly can't say enough about the acting on this long running NBC crime drama. My guess is that "SVU" is likely to not be renewed soon, but that's okay. With 15 years of reruns it will live on for many years to come.

"Big Brother" (don't judge me!)
I know it's reality TV at some of it's worst. I know it's pretty people competing in stupid competitions for their 15 minutes of fame. I know all of this and yet.... I can't resist this CBS summer time killer. I don't buy the live feeds. See! I'm not a total sell out! Okay, I did one season, but that was when I had extra money and Evil Dick was in the house and I felt bad for the other people in there and...and.... you just wouldn't understand.

Those are my top five TV shows for 2014 so far. The fall season hasn't started yet, so we'll see if there's not a gem waiting in the wings. What are your favorite TV shows on right now? Let me know in the comment section!


You may also enjoy:

Top 10 Michael Jackson Songs 

The Top 10 One Hit Wonders of the 1970's

My Picks for Best Elton John Songs


No comments:

Post a Comment