Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Weight Loss Saga: The First Weigh-in

It’s been about three weeks since I started my weight loss saga, and it’s time for the first official weigh-in. My friend, Joy, gave me an extra scale she found at her house. It’s digital, and all it needed was a new battery. I’m stalling like I was last night when I did the weigh-in.

To get down to business, I started my journey to lose 40-50 lbs at a whopping 194.9 lbs (I’m 5’8). I stepped on the scale Tuesday night, mostly naked, and weighed 180.8 lbs. Tah-dah!

Okay, so losing 14.1 lbs in three weeks doesn’t sound like much. Remember though, I’m disabled and really limited on the amount and type of exercises I can do in a day. So I’m also trying to eat better.

As far as my Pepsi addiction goes… let’s just say I suck at giving stuff up. I have cut down considerably. No, I have not quit though. I know cutting down is a cop out, but I only enjoy a few vices and Pepsi is one of them. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

I have taken a vow to weigh myself only once a week so I don’t become obsessed with daily weighing. I’m going to do it every Tuesday night. I’m also keeping track of how many laps I walk in my house every day. It’s about a 55’ stretch for each lap, and right now I’m doing 100-150 laps per day.

I’m also in weekly physical therapy for my knees. I get new braces next Tuesday so that should help with walking faster. I have to do daily leg exercises and back stretches too. All of that takes about a half hour a day (and I can really feel it afterward!)

So that’s my daily and weekly weight loss regimen. As I said above, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Let me know what you think and how your weight loss saga is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment