Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

What I Want for Christmas (and What I'm Getting My Brother)

Hello everyone! I’ve been thinking a lot about what to get my brother, Tom, for Christmas. It’s just the two of us on holidays, so we get each other one or two nice gifts. His birthday is in January. When I asked him what he wanted for each celebration his exact text back was, “...a pony. No, a unicorn… no, a pony.” He’ll be 52 years old. He’s a funny guy.

Last year he told me he just wanted brown socks. Nothing else, just brown socks, please! So I got a great deal online from a local upscale department store and I bought him $100 worth of brown dress socks. You’d think that would have taught him. He loved it!

Now, I’m not one to ask for a specific gift (and neither is he), but this year I really want an Amazon Fire TV Stick for Christmas. I have a Roku device, but it doesn’t always work. I’ve had to return it twice.


I hate to ask for something specific because Tom always finds the coolest gifts for me on his own. It’s always a gift that I would never buy for myself, but I seem to really need it after I get it.

On behalf of Tom’s neighbors, I will not be getting him a pony this year. Last year I got him a pair of slippers from L.L.Bean, and he said he really liked them. So, this year I found a nice warm looking robe for him from the same place. It’s lined with flannel! I wanted to crawl into it just from the picture.

That’s all I can think of to get for him. We live in Iowa, so the winters are pretty harsh usually. When he doesn’t tell me what he wants I always wind up getting him something to keep him warm.

That’s what we’re doing for Christmas gifts this year. What are you thinking about getting for a loved one? What are you hoping to get this year? Is there something you need or do you just want something that’s fun?

Let me know in the comment section below! And have a happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment